Friday, March 24, 2006

My Official Statement

I am just furious!! The phone started ringing as soon as I got to school. After a visit from my uncle and fake aunt my 91 year old grandmother told my sisters they could not have anything from her apartment. My uncle has to approve every entrance to the apartment and anything taken. She was cold toward my sisters and wanted them to leave. I have no idea what was said. I only know that my sister has worked tirelessly to help grandma in that apartment with keys given to her to by grandma.
My mother, sisters and I have grandma over daily, weekly, or on weeks home visit to do daily activities. Nobody else does. Grandma wonders why her son did not come home to her when she fell and went into a home. Apparently it has all been forgiven and whatever they said has changed her. I will send this out, or say it on the phone to anything that comes up. I am sure my sisters will think I am strange but so be it. I can't take it anymore.


I will no longer associate or even recognize a relationship with any relative that will not allow me to be in my grandmothers residence without approval from ANY other relative, by blood, or marriage. If approval has to be issued, or money given for a family heirloom, I will have no part in it.
I will have no further discussion on this matter.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Blogger Star said...

I am always amazed at how nutty people get when it comes to sickness and or death. I think it must be some kind of defensive psychology, focus and make issues out of material or seemingly superficial issues, to avoid dealing with all of the emotions. I am sorry the family is driving you batty and I hope they are all able to find peace.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger d t l said...

It is pretty crazy the way people act. I'm all about working things out somehow, but I guess I expect too much.
Maybe it is easier to fight over "things" than emotionally deal with life issues. We could be the poster family of how not to act during a crisis. Ugh!
Thanks for your comment. Hope things are wrll with you Michelle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home