Friday, November 11, 2005

Two Years Later

I stood on the shoreline looking off into the distance at the Golden Gate Bridge. It was beautiful yet eerie with it's tremendous towers and expanding cables glowing through the fog. It was a sight to behold, especially since it was now going to take place of a thought, an uncomfortable memory of the city itself.

Gretch knew the real reason I wanted to come to the city and found it completely acceptable. It was our second trip together. Our first trip was a mini Chicago getaway in which I absolutely panicked. Probably not very understandable, but I wasn't sure I was ready to go away with someone when we did Chicago. San Francisco served two purposes, to show G that I was over my silly little problem and could fly across the country with her, and to bury a memory of two summers before, when the actions of J, trying to find herself in this beautiful city so far away, caused both of us bitterness and the end to our friendship.

And tell me, did venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home