Thursday, September 08, 2005

Say What???

Ok, so, I don't know how this stuff comes about... We were crashed on the couch the other night eating a pizza when Gretch turns to me and says... "Oh, by the way, I am going to walk the Inca Trail with my mother to Machu Picchu." I gave her a blank stare, trying my hardest to put that sentence into a reference of something I might know. I will admit, my geography isn't the best, I don't even remember having any kind of class on it in high school, or college. If it wasn't mentioned in a book I was reading for my own enjoyment, I wouldn't have given a place much thought. The very fact that I went to Europe in high school is in itself amazing.
After probably thirty seconds of waiting for a response, Gretch asked if I was going to say anything. I said I would if I knew what she was talking about.
She then goes into this fifteen minute speech about how she conquered the Boston Marathon, failed at childbirth, passed her boards, and now had to choose a new goal. Again, I gave her a blank stare and tried to piece together a response that would seem like I knew what she might be talking about. I didn't know she had this goal ambition. Guess I do now.

Sometimes I wonder how we could possibly more different and still be able to talk at all. We have both compromised a lot in this relationship and will have to continue to do so.
I just want a house with 2.5 kids in the suburbs. Gretch just wants to travel to places I have never heard of. Peru. Imagine that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home