Thursday, August 18, 2005

Life is a Song

There is a song for every occasion. Anything that you experience has been written about in the form of lyrics. I like all kinds of music. From hard rock to country, and everything in between, I can find a lyric to match my mood.
Radio stations are in an upheaval these days. Over the last year we have had many stations switch, not unlike other big cities in the country. On Monday we had a major switch that was totally unexpected. All the stations are taking their format and reverting back to the seventies, eighties and early nineties. I'm a fan of the eighties, I admit, I had the Izod polo with the collar straight up. (ewww) However, a blast from the past is fun for a couple hours, or sure, Friday's, but not all the time.
AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long is the most overplayed song on the radio right now, even beating out our American Idol girls, and Gwen Stefani. Is that even possible?
How am I going to reminisce about my year of discovery when there is no more Puddle of Mud, or Staind. How about Train, or Dave Matthews Band.

I think this is going to be my last post for a few days. I worked twelve hours today and I am exhausted. I could go on and on about work, but it is counterproductive to becoming the real me. I feel this rush when I go in to school, like I am were I should be. I find myself trying to belong, even though I don't, at all. So, I need to get away from it all for awhile.
When I return it will be to talk about my year of meeting people. I need to be moving right along with that. School is about paying off the vehicle only. Tomorrow will be the big test because I will be there all day with everyone. I need to work the left over five and leave. That is my goal.

This weekend we have more parties. One is for a guy that has approached Gretch about having a baby together. He is gay, but really would like to be a dad. We have talked about it, but I don't feel comfortable with the whole idea of having a third parent. I just don't know how that could work. See, important issues, not this stupid work crap. Sooo last year, get over it, move on.

Next Week, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home