Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ms. Negative

Stessing..stressing... It was a horrendous day. One of the kids got sick and I had to take him to the doctor. Strep throat and an ear infection with a burst eardrum. The poor child never cried until last night, but the doctor acted as if he should have been in sooner. The baby was such a...well, a two year old, demanding and whining the whole day. My cat went outside yesterday and must have eaten a ton of grass because she vomited everywhere this morning.
Being a parent has got to be one of the most challenging roles possible. You don't have a moment to yourself. I bought pushups for a treat, gave one to the two year old, and then went to look for something upstairs. When I came back down, chocolate ice cream was splattered on the walls and across the entire floor of the kitchen. She was still in her chair so I am not sure if she tossed it, or what happened.

Tonight we went out to a family dinner for G's niece. I couldn't get home early because I need off early tomorrow. G made sangria and invited everyone over to our place before going out. I walked in with a crowd sitting in the living room. I had to will myself to smile. We ended up going to a place where you cook your own steaks. I don't know anything about steaks, but it turned out ok. It was annoying to listen to the usual banter of this group. G's siblings can be difficult to converse with, but I did put on my best happy face and cooked up that steak like I knew what I was doing.

Tomorrow night is my first ever board meeting at school. I am the president and I am so nervous I am sure I will not be able to sleep tonight. I don't know anything about running a meeting, so I looked up how to run a meeting in a search engine. I know, what a loser, but they had some good outline information on how do this kind of thing. They did not have info on how to be social when you are antisocial, but if I follow my script I should be ok. Did I mention how nervous I am???
I know what I want them to accomplish, but I don't know how to verbalize everything in my head, in an orderly fashion. I asked my best friend to be home early so I can get to work and prepare this outline again, my own personal agenda.
I don't know, for only put in ten hours I have worried triple that amount this last week. One of my fundraising events had to be pushed back because I can't put it all together in time.
What am I going to wear? Why am I just thinking of this now?
If I pull this off it will be a minor miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home