Thursday, October 20, 2005

Listen Up People!

The meeting went ok. Right before it was about to start a member of the janitorial crew came in and told me about her mother-in-law having lung cancer. I was a listening ear. I am ok with that, sometimes I think I should just go back into social work, seems like that is what I do best.

So, my mindset was altered somewhat as I began the meeting. I had my outline and everything, but then I mentioned a topic for later in the evening. Someone asked a question and suddenly we were way of track and I couldn't get them back to where I wanted us to be. Suddenly someone said that we needed a goal and mission. That was what I was trying to establish when we got off track. When all is said and done I give myself a pass.

Tomorrow I get to go to the book store and make a large purchase for work. I love scanning the children's section for the newest selections. Pick up a coffee, browse, and get paid for doing it. Sounds like a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home