Saturday, June 04, 2005

The festivals are in full swing this weekend as summer is finally here. We will not be in attendance because G has to study, but that is ok with me. I went to bed at 8 last night and got up at 7:30 this morning. I can't seem to shake the fatigue.
Tomorrow is the bike ride downtown. G is taking one of the boys on the 15 mile and I am taking the little one on the 5. I hope he doesn't back out. He quit t-ball this week and he has a very low tolerance for new things, or any kind of change. I think he may get stressed and just panic.

I am really looking forward to summer in the parks, or on the beaches of Lake Michigan. I just want lay in the grass and feel the sun as I have one eye on the children of course. For the past 11 years this has been the best time of the year with 8 free summer weeks ahead. I am still excited and the best part it it will be over a year. I am trying to stay positive.

G wants to go out for breakfast this morning and indulge in naughty breakfast foods. I give in to this only once a month because I will want pancakes and that is just not what I need right now.

We had some funny episodes cooking this week. I have been doing my best in the kitchen even though I am not very good at it. I made spaghetti one night and managed to dump the noodles in the sink completely missing the strainer. G put some ice cream in the blender and it poured right out the back when it was turned on because it broke into pieces. Last night I tried making blackened tilapia, but it looked more like a pile of mush after I tried turning them over a couple times. It tasted the same as always, but it totally lacked eye appeal.
The plan is for me to do more cooking while I have off this next year, but are we talking quality? I have been looking at recipe books and online, but it is overwhelming when it gets to be more than four, or five ingredients.
I am not to sure I can make it all come together. It will be interesting to find out my skill level in the art of cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home