Friday, June 17, 2005

Domestic Goddess I Am Not

The first of eight Fridays off and I sit pondering what it is I should actually accomplish. I stripped the beds and have started the rather large chore of washing bedding. It takes about six cycles to dry comforters, so that will be a major goal. I did wash stacks of wine glasses that needed washing in the kitchen. G is all for a really good glass of wine with dinner and since the dishwasher has a way of breaking them I do them all by hand for her.
The flowers have just about all died. I am very upset with this latest development. Our balcony is supposed to be like a garden. Last year it turned out beautiful. My sister gave me a a new type of hanging plant that cost around 20 dollars about a month ago and it totally wilted and fell apart. I do not know what the problem is. Even the tomato plants don't look healthy. Last year we had about 25 in August that we added to G's salads and they were so sweet. I hope we get a couple this year.

This is the weekend before the big board exam. I don't think we will get down to the art show this year. Last weekend we did not attend Pridefest and I always regret it. I did attend the one three years ago and it was a great experience. I know that there were a lot of people with signs around the entrances and I thought it unwise of me attend. It would be just like a couple radicals from work to show up at that kind of thing.
The main thing I remember was forgetting my cell phone on a bench in the middle of the park and being in a panic.
It will be good for me to attend events like this in the future and I look forward to the opportunity.
It will be a calm weekend and that is ok, I spent $150 on my best friend and the boys for their birthdays. I took them toy shopping yesterday on my first day with them and it was a blast. I ended up buying way too much, but I don't have kids and I love buying things for them. Then, on the way home, I stopped at another store and bought a bunch of clothes for them. Basically the pay of watching them will go towards what I spent. I also bought G a shirt for work. I am broke, but in a good way.
This morning I was online completing my application for health insurance. I have to decide by Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home