Thursday, June 17, 2004

I am so tired I can barely function. Yesterday was the first day with the kids and the hours are 7-5. I never sat down except once at McD's which the five year old picked as it was his birthday and I could take them to lunch in honor of it. We went to pick out birthday presents for him and his brother whose eighth birthday is tomorrow and he gets lunch today as I do not watch them on Friday's. Their mom's birthday was yesterday also. We went shopping for birthday gifts which cost me some money as I tend to let them get overpriced items cause I spoil them sometimes. We did make a run to the grocery store for the food for dinner and that turned out better then expected as the baby was sleeping. When we got back I fixed a birthday dinner of grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and a fruit salad. All of this while holding a tired one year old. I honestly do not know how people do this!!
I got home at eight last night and promptly fell asleep on the couch and am back here already. Yikes! Today it is pouring rain and I really don't have a game plan. The hours of 9:30 to 10:30 get long and so does 3:00 to 5:00.
I can't even think of another thing to write as the above has been my focus. I am looking forward to the long weekend. G would like to go half way to Chicago and stay overnight at another hotel Friday night. I was like half way, we only live 2 hours away, I think we can make it in one day! G loves to travel and if that means right down the road, then that is what we will do. Always looking for adventure even if it is not Spain, but just the next city. I can't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home