Thursday, November 18, 2004

I was very motivated yesterday and that was a good thing considering I arrived at work at 7:00 A.M. and barely sat down a minute before leaving at 5:45 P.M. Those kind of days can make you feel really productive, or really stupid, considering the fact that the pay comes out to be about $2.00 and hour when done everyday.
I have been reading a lot lately about revolutions and revolutionists. Seems these people start out having good intentions, but in the end they turn just as evil as the rulers they overthrow
in the first place. I think the whole process of good versus evil can turn even those with the best intentions in the wrong direction. I kind of see that as the way our country is headed right now.

On a lighter note, I am reading a book about a guy who read the whole set of the Encyclopedia Britannica. It is quite amusing and lead me to wonder what it is really like. I picked up a World Book, which is standard school issue, and randomly opened it up. Seems there are several types of Salmon. Do I really need to retain this kind of information. I believe in the guiding words of some of the high I.Q people this guy consulted in his quest for finding out how to achieve ultimate intelligence. You need to pick a topic and read about it from many sources. Kind of experience it in greater depths. It helps if it is something you are interested in learning more about. Kind of like my need for knowledge about revolutions. You know that will come in handy when I start my own.

Here is a fact that I wish I would have known before yesterday. Children who are three years old don't have the slightest idea what uncooked spaghetti noodles are when you show them.
If you ask them they will look at you like you just recited a page from an encyclopedia. It is a moment killer. A teachable moment....on the teacher.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home