Sunday, May 09, 2004

So George came through on a bus this week. I don't understand how people can possibly swing their vote just because someone passes by the town they are living in. Don't they see through that?

The weekend events actually went better than I thought. Friday night turned out to be fun. I did not sit with the faculty and I am not sure how that was seen by people, but I really don't care. It was fun just chatting with the regular employees. I do not feel above anyone and so if others have a problem it is not my concern.

The dinner party was quite interesting. At first I was freaking out because I felt below in this situation. G has some friends who are in the upper levels of city government. They make money and dress and live accordingly. After a few drinks every one calmed down and it was fun. I didn't drink, but that is good as it provides me a chance to watch everyone else. The great thing is that they all know who I really am. They accept me in a way that my friends and family wouldn't. How sad is that.


Today, we are going to lunch with the kids. I miss them so much. Only one more month and I will see them daily. My tune will change when that happens. I guess the soon to be eight year old was over at a friends house yesterday and called home and asked if he could bring some friends over. He came home with 4 buddies from school. My best friend spent $400 on a blown up jumping device. I don't know what you call it. All I know is that I am not watching the neighborhood this summer. Play dates are not going to happen on my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home