Saturday, September 25, 2004

I couldn't get past the internal alarm clock this morning. Friday night isn't usually a good sleeping night anyway, as the stress of the week is messing with my system. So I am up, went to Starbucks for coffee. It is the suburbs people, no cool coffee places around here. The Starbucks opened in July, otherwise it was McD's. People are starting to move back downtown and we have been looking at advertisments for condo's.
They are very nice with the city views and amenities they offer, but they are pricey. You also have a lot of neighbors.
Speaking of neighbors, I don't want any. I try not to get into that kind of friendship because it becomes difficult when someone is right down the stairs and has to talk to you daily.
This post is going nowhere, so I will continue in that manner. Last night we ordered in and then I fell asleep on the couch. I got through Joan of Arcadia (I don't know why, don't ask , it is my Friday night habit) and then I was sleepy. I remember Mary Kay L. babbling on about how she just felt something special for that sixth grader (what??? ) and that is the last I remember for the evening.
Today we are getting our carpet cleaned. They are coming around 1, so we need to move things. Exciting isn't it.
Yikes! Other than that we are free to do as we please. Maybe nothing but going out to dinner, or renting a movie.
Oh yeah, my excitment for the weekend happened already. On the way home from work last night I got stopped at the over pass by police cars blocking traffic both ways. The express way underneath was blocked also. The president was going through so we all got stopped for ten minutes. Traffic was snarled into a terrible mess at rush hour.
I was four cars from the front so I could look over and see them come through. I was wishing I had a sign or something, but it was not to be.
I am very frustrated with our state because they are falling for the fear platform. Bush is here every week and while Kerry is also, the media doesn't focus on him as much.
That is as exciting as it gets.
Happy Weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home