Tuesday, April 01, 2003

I am back from an excellent vacation, but have been tossed into a full load at work. I start at 6:30 a.m. and don't leave till 5:15 p.m.
So, I was refreshed, but it didn't take long for that feeling to leave.
It was a little disheartening flying down south into the New Oleans area. I don't know what I expected, but it sure wasn't like the beautiful landscape that one experiences flying into San Francisco. It looked just like the midwest except for half way down there it turned from dull brown to light green. They are into spring right now, with fresh flowers and the smell of fresh grass. I feel a little funny about admitting it, but all I really wanted to do was lay in the grass and feel the hot sun beating down as I read a biography or history of some sort on the area.
Before planning for this trip, I had never even given much thought about the city. From now on I am going to write down my first thoughts on a place and see the differences once I travel to the location. I do think I knew vaguely of the french quarter and how it might be a rowdy place at night. Other than that, I must admit to ignorance about the place. G has shown me pictures, but you never really get a good fell of a place just by pictures.
Alas, I must go for now, but will continue with my adventures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home