Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I couldn't really sleep well last night. I guess I am beginning to worry about the end of my job and health care again. Health care is a basic human right. This country is mixed up on some things. Your life expectancy goes down as soon as you lose health insurance. Of course you can be treated at a hospital if something goes wrong, but preventitive care and catching things early goes right out the window. People don't even realize the list of things you will not be treated for if you do not have insurance, meaning expensive cancer treatments and heart related procedures. You do not have the right to have a chance if you can't pay. Um, I am not sure how that fits in with the right to life people. I can just hear some people saying, "get a job." That is not the point. Even if it were it is a terrible one. At my place of employment they juggle people around so nobody goes over a certain amount of hours. If they really need you they make you sign off on benefits. I will stop with this right now only because it will make my day suck even more than it already will.
Tomorrow should be better! I did receive my Gumby magnet/bottle opener from eBay. It is the little things that brighten the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home