Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Ok, I can feel a rant coming on. Today in our newspaper box, we received a brochure on "How to Spot a Counterfeit Bible." Just when you think you have seen everything, something like this gets placed in front of you and the only thing you can do is just shake your head. I of course went to the website to see what these freaks were all about. I should know better. G wishes the brochure would have been tossed before I saw it. If these people have nothing better to do besides handing out this crap, they could go visit the elderly who don't have anyone to talk to, tutor a child who has a bad home life, or at least go give some blood for crying outloud. BE USEFUL to society.

To top it off, I am seeing more and more of a certain bumper sticker that I find offensive. It is kind of scary because I want to get some "stop the hate" stickers and put them over the top of the ones that are appearing everywhere. I really think I could do it. People have a right to be ignorant and post trash on their vehicles, I however, do not have the right to deface things I find unpleasant. I could do it though. Scary...

Weightwise, I have stalled. I do good all day and then blow it at dinner time. I don't eat fattening foods, it is just that I don't limit enough. I have kept up with the walking this week. Only missed one night in the last five. Tonight as I was walking the path in the park a little dog came walking beside me. As the owner tried to catch it, it would run ahead. It was trying to walk with me and the owner was getting angry at it because the dog would speed up just enough to out walk the guy. He wasn't comfortable walking with me like the dog obviously was because he walked just behind me. I thought I was going to have to catch the thing because it only let me come near it. Finally he caught up and grabbed it. Sometimes I wish we could have a dog, but G likes to travel and it would require us to always have someone watch it.
No more animals I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home