Sunday, April 25, 2004

Due to the weather I found myself out shopping today to cheer myself up. I spent money and in the end it was quite the medicine. We needed a table and a couple chairs for the balcony, so that when we have our month of summer we can sit out and enjoy dinner. G makes great meals on the grill, especially asparagus. We did receive our monthly bitch letter from the condo board. It stated that it would be in our best interest not to buy any new grills because they would be banned soon do to insurance fees. Um, yeah, I don't think so. Usually G takes these letters with a grain of salt and I get a little carried away in my responses, but this time was a little different. I think we will not be here much longer than it takes G to pass the dosimetery boards. We have enough rules and crap that we have to live by. We are at our limit.
Religion yet once again bit us in the arse. The women that cleans our condo also is a friend of G's who decided recently to join the Jehovah's Witness program. G has been very good about accepting my job and beliefs, but tolerates very little from people who condemn others. I was asked a couple months ago to dig up some negative info on this group so that G could convince the friend not to join. I tried to explain negativity wasn't the way to change a person's mind and if anything would probably make them more convinced they were right. It doesn't take to much to give someone a martyr complex. This women has stopped celebrating everything. That is a terrible thing to do when you have kids who are young and don't understand a sudden change of this kind. Anyway, G has distanced the friendship somewhat because of the hypocrisy of the whole thing. On Saturday, she called and told me she wouldn't be at the race because she felt sick. She later showed up at the race and said afterward she would meet up at the retirement party later. She than called and said she would maybe see us, but perhaps she would just see G on Monday at work. Later when we were leaving we saw that she had been to G's mom's house because she had left muffins in the garage, but didn't bother to come up. G was furious and wanted to call her on the whole thing. If she wasn't coming she could have called and said that instead of sneaking around. The whole thing is crazy as she is a phlebotomist for crying out loud. Sometimes I just wonder how we get caught up in all of this. Now God says we can't celebrate?? That is no God of mine!
I thought about things I would take with me if I could only keep three things. One thing I haven't gotten yet. I will be getting an engraved gift for ten years at school in a couple weeks. I will be proud of it for reasons most will not know about. I figure if you are able to keep a job for 10 years you must be doing something right. Someday I will finally walk away and I will have something that tells me that I did well even if I should never have been there in the first place..
I also would take my story idea journal so that I could plan the next great American novel, and my wireless computer in hopes that soon I can use it anywhere!!
My hobbies include writing, reading, and foreign films. Camping, softball, and traveling the U.S are some of my other endeavors.
I guess that completes the weekend people. Where did it go???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home